The Easter Bunny sure gets around. Here’s a few places he’ll be stopping by soon:
• State Rep. Frank Farina will host a free breakfast with the Easter Bunny from Saturday, April 12, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Olyphant Ambulance and Rescue Building, 530 E. Park St. in Olyphant. Children will have the opportunity to have their photo taken with the Easter Bunny and will receive Easter baskets filled with treats while supplies last. Parents can have their children’s fingerprints taken. Farina and his staff will be available to provide information on CHIP, the state’s health insurance program for children, and will be able to offer help on other state issues. For more information, call Farina’s constituent service office at 570-876-1111.
• Take pictures of kids and pets with the Easter Bunny Saturday and Sunday, April 12-13, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Archbald Hose Co. No. 1, 380 Main St. Call 570-876-5751 for more information.
• The Eynon Fire Department, American Legion Post No. 624, Wozniak-Pavloski Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post No. 7963 (and its auxiliary), and Ambrose Revels American Legion Post No. 328, will co-sponsor an Easter egg hunt Saturday, April 12, at noon, rain or shine on the Eynon Fire Department grounds located on Thomas Street. The Easter Bunny will then go over to the VFW Post, 284 Main St. in Eynon, arriving by fire truck for 1 p.m. There will be refreshments, face painting and treats.
• Fell Township Renaissance Inc. will hold its annual lunch with the Easter Bunny Saturday, April 12, at noon, at the former St. Peter and Paul Hall on Doris Avenue in Simpson. There will be lunch, free photos with the bunny, candy and prizes. Admission is $4 for both children and adults. Call 570-785-5130 for reservations, tickets or more information.
• The annual Easter egg hunt sponsored by Knights of Columbus Council No. 7622 and the Jermyn Lions Club will be held Saturday, April 12, at 1 p.m. at the Edward Callahan Sports Complex, Mellow Court in Jermyn. Along with an appearance from the Easter Bunny, JoJo the Clown will be on hand for face painting. In the event of inclement weather, the Easter egg hunt will be held at the Jermyn Community Center, 440 Jefferson Ave. Call 570-282-2592 for more information.
• The Greenfield Volunteer Fire Co. will serve breakfast with the Easter Bunny Sunday, April 13, 8 a.m. to noon at the fire hall, 424 Rt. 106 in Greenfield Township. Menu includes pancakes, eggs, bacon, juice, tea and coffee. Tickets are $7; free for kids 12 and younger. The Bunny will be there for pictures.
• The Scott Township Hose Co./Station 36 will host a “bunny breakfast” Sunday, April 13, 9 a.m. to noon, featuring a breakfast buffet, a goodie bag for kids and the Lakeland High School basketball cheerleaders. Menu includes eggs, pancakes, homefries, bacon and sausage. Tickets are $8; $4 for kids.
• Peckville Assembly of God church, 3364 Scranton/Carbondale Highway in Blakely, will hold its annual “Eggstravaganza” for kids ages 5-12 Sunday, April 13, at 11:30 a.m. featuring bounce houses, prizes, food, music and the big “egg drop” from a helicopter.
• The Eynon-Archbald Lions Club will hold its annual Easter egg hunt Sunday, April 13, at 2 p.m. at the Archbald Athletic Club Field on Export Lane for kids 12 years old and younger. Children will have the chance of winning six bikes donated by Vladika Insurance, Sandy and Rich Guman, Archbald Mayor Shirley Barrett, Juliet Taitto and Sally Spudis, Councilman John Snipes and the Sembrat family. There will be an Easter bonnet contest and the prizes will be chocolates donated by Fidelity Bank. Every child will get a gift bag. Bring your camera for pictures with the Easter Bunny. Rain date: Saturday, April 19, at 11 a.m.
• The Wright Center, 5 S. Washington Ave. in Jermyn, will hold an Easter egg hunt Sunday, April 13, 2-4 p.m. for kids ages 1-12. Hunts will be divided by age groups. There will also be a nutrition workshop, children’s activities, maternal family health services, live bunnies from Griffin Pond Animal Shelter and fingerprinting and a K9 demonstration by the Lackawanna County Sheriff’s Office. Bring a camera.
• The inaugural Easter egg hunt Saturday, April 19, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Harmony Heart Camp, 1557 Heart Lake Road in Scott Township. Register by visiting harmonyheartcamp.org or call 570-254-6272. There will also be face painting and a balloon artist. Admission is free.
• The annual Easter Egg Hunt will be held Saturday, April 19, at 10 a.m. at the Dickson City Primitive Methodist Church, 516 Jackson St. in Dickson City. In addition to the hunt, there will be games, crafts, prizes and refreshments. Children Pre-K to age 12 are welcome.