The following are trips being planned by travel groups in the area. Call the number listed for more information. The Advantage has no connection with any of these groups.
• New York, May 6: The Dickson City Lights and Decorative Banners Association will host a bus trip to New York City on Saturday, May 6. The cost is $35 per seat. Departure time is 8 a.m. from the Dickson City Municipal Building on Enterprise Street. Return time is approximately 9:30 p.m. Spend the day shopping, walking, dining or attending your favorite Broadway Show. For more information or to reserve your seats, please call 570-878-3373.
• Croatia, Slovenia and the Adriatic Coast, May 6-17: trip includes bus transportation to New York, air fare, hotels and 16 meals, Saturday, May 6, through Wednesday, May 17. For more information, call 570 960-1086.
• Sands Casino in Bethlehem, May 7: Citizens for a Healthy Jessup are planning a bus trip to the Sands Casino in Jessup on Sunday, May 7. Bus will depart at 9:30 a.m. from Jessup Hose Co. on Hill Street. The bus will depart from the casino at 5 p.m. Cost per person is $35, and includes a $20 casino rebate, a $5 food voucher, bus driver tip and refreshments. A 50/50 and additional raffles will be held. For reservations and payment information, call 570-489-2371.
• Philadelphia, May 9; New York, May 20: Marywood University’s Life-Long Learners are taking reservations for their spring bus trips.
On Tuesday, May 9, the group will visit the new Museum of the American Revolution in Philadelphia followed by lunch at the City Tavern Restaurant and a visit to the Observation Deck at One Liberty Place for a panoramic view of the city from the 57th floor. The cost of the trip is $120.
On Saturday, May 20, the group will travel to New York to see the Broadway Show “Anastasia.” The cost will be $129.
For reservations or more information call 570-383-0544.
• Baltimore, May 29: The Knights of Columbus, Jessup/Peckville Chapter is sponsoring a Memorial Day, May 29 bus trip to Baltimore to watch the New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles game. Following the game there will be time to visit the Inner Harbor. Cost of the trip is $90 per person. For more information please call John at 489-0023 or Bob at 383-0347.
• Puerto Rico, Oct. 7-11: A group is planning a trip Columbus Day weekend, October 7-11 to Puerto Rico. Package includes bus transfer to Newark, nonstop air, accommodations at the Marriott Stellaris Resort Oceanfront Casino and all airport transfers. Price is $995 per person. Call 570-351-5649 for more info.