Travel groups in the area are planning the following trips. Call the number listed for more information. The Advantage has no connection with any of these groups.
• Atlantic City, Sept. 9: The Double “R” Twirlettes will sponsor a bus trip to the Miss America Pageant Parade in Atlantic City on Saturday, Sept. 9. The cost for the bus is $40 per person (with a $15 rebate at Caesar’s for those 21 and older). Bus will leave from Peckville at 9 a.m. and return home at 9 p.m. For more information or to make a reservation, call 570-351-1794.
• Local Wineries, Sept. 30: Citizens for a Healthy Jessup will sponsor a Vino Excursion on Saturday, Sept. 30. Bus departs at 2 p.m. from Case Quatrro Winery, 1542 Main St. in Peckville, and travels to five local wineries (Case Quattro, Lucci Family Wine Cellars, Bartolai Winery, III Ponds Winery and Capra Collina) for wine tastings, buffet dinner, karaoke party and basket raffles. $50 per person for the trip and the after party; $10 for the after party only (starts at 8 p.m.) For more information and reservations, call 570-382-3855.
• Puerto Rico, Oct. 7-11: A group is planning a trip Columbus Day weekend, Oct. 7-11 to Puerto Rico. Package includes bus transfer to Newark, nonstop air, accommodations at the Marriott Stellaris Resort Oceanfront Casino and all airport transfers. Price is $995 per person. Call 570-351-5649 for more information.
• Williamsport, Oct. 10: Marywood’s Life Long Learners have scheduled a trip on Tuesday, Oct. 10, to Williamsport to tour Millionaires’ Row, the Thomas Taber Museum and enjoy a fall foliage cruise aboard the Hiawatha Riverboat. Lunch at Lejeune Chef Restaurant is included for $105 per person. For reservations, call 570-383-0544.
• Brooklyn, N.Y., Oct. 21: Mainly Hair by Dorie is sponsoring a trip to the Brooklyn Pizza Tour on Saturday, Oct. 21, as seen on TV. Skip the lines at Grimaldi’s and Spumoni Gardens and end up at Coney Island to top off the day. $99 per person. Call to reserve your seats: 570-504-6993.
• Salem, Mass, Oct. 28-29: The Mid-Valley Travelers will have a trip for Halloween in Salem on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 28 and 29. The trip includes round-trip bus fare from Peckville, hotel with breakfast, Salem Haunted Happenings and visit to Boston. Cost is $195 per person, double occupancy. For more information, call 570-955-6989.
• New York City, Nov. 4: Marywood’s Life Long Learners have scheduled a trip on Saturday, Nov. 4, to New York City, Ellis Island and Liberty Island with dinner in Little Italy for $99 per person. For reservations call 570-383-0544.